Economic Development Futures Journal

Sunday, August 24, 2003

counter statistics

New Mexico Governor Wants "Results!"

What did I say at the end of my previous post about Oklahoma? I said the states are pushing harder for results. Here is what a recent article in the Albuquerque Business Journal had to say: "It's nice to talk about economic development, but Gov. Bill Richardson and his economic development team want results."

And so, Richardson's upcoming economic development summit, to be held in Santa Fe Sept. 9 through 11 will aim at getting results. New Mexico Economic Development Department Secretary Rick Homans says he hopes the conference will help the state's economic development officials do a better job of helping existing companies and recruiting new ones.

The Land of Enchantment has a great deal to offer for economic development, and just plain living. I am looking forward to my upcoming work with the Next Generation Economy group in Albuquerque, which starts in October. I have been hearing a lot from New Mexico economic developers in recent news, and it's sensible and innovative stuff that I think can make a difference in the quality of economics across the state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home