Economic Development Futures Journal

Tuesday, August 26, 2003

counter statistics

More on Inter-Generational Leadership

I like what I'm hearing back from folks on the topic of inter-generational leadership. Here is another comment I received yesterday. This one comes from the Buckeye State (Ohio).

"You are right on with your comments about 'intergenerational leadership,' and the need for it in economic development. As a "thirty-something" in the business I can tell you that there are a handful of 'movers and shakers' who, for whatever reason, neglect the need to pull talent up to their level. This happens within organizations and within regional ED environments. (I'll add that we may need to coin a new phrase - "inter-GENDERATIONAL" - as I am always surprised by the lack of women at the table.)

We're going to be in bad shape in ten to fifteen years as today's leaders retire and take with them the knowledge and experience that has brought them to their positions. But the loss today is the fresh perspective and new ways of thinking that sits out there waiting to be tapped."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home