Economic Development Futures Journal

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

counter statistics

Just One More Comment on Career Pathways

A well known and highly respected member of the profession sent me this comment on the Career Pathways article:

"Iannone, I think we are going to strip you of your consulting title and sentence you to go back as a practitioner. A real job in the profession will be good for you at this time in your life. What's all this nonsense about career pathways? The only pathway in the field is the one that you cut through the forest with a machete. Since you wanted to publish these observations for all to see, let me offer one bit of advice on careers in economic development. Never think that any job is to small for you or any challenge too large. If you remember that, you will always be employed in the field. I'm in this business and not selling real estate or doing something else, because I feel like I'm doing something worthwhile and it's fun. As long as I continue to feel this way and my wife and children still love me, I'll continue to toil in the ED vineyards."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home