Economic Development Futures Journal

Friday, June 24, 2005

counter statistics

Self-Discovery

We should never reach a point in life where we believe there is nothing left to know about (or learn about) ourselves. This trip to Oregon has taught me so much about myself.

One lesson I learned is that I should work harder at not pre-judging life. Mistakenly, I avoided Oregon in the past because I thought it rained too much here. Wrong.

Yes, it rains here, but the rain is one of the major reasons why Oregon is as uniquely beautiful as it is. Surprisingly, it has only rained two evenings in the five days we have been here.

I think there is room for new self-discovery for all of us in economic development. There is so much to be discovered and simply experienced about places and the economies they keep, without pre-judging or judging at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home