Economic Development Futures Journal

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

counter statistics

Are Blogs Giving the Press a Run for Its Money?

Read this story and see what you think.

As a blogger, I'd say we have some influence on shaping opinion, but not nearly as much as the traditional media, which has much greater resources at its disposal. Maybe some of my colleagues would disagree.

Personally, I see a valuable connection between the media and ED Futures. We help each other out and build upon each other's materials. That's a good thing

I was recently interviewed about whether economic developers should do more blogging. I said yes, but economic developers need to define how they would use their blogs. Also, is it possible that "some things they say can and will be used against them?" That is one to think about.

Generally, I am fairly careful what I say on ED Futures. Maybe a better way to say that is I try to choose my words wisely, knowing that a diverse audience shows up here on a daily basis, and I need to be cognizant of the way different minds work.

Your views?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home