Economic Development Futures Journal

Sunday, October 12, 2003

counter statistics

Continuing Education for Advanced Practitioners

For some time, I have felt there is a need to offer more continuing education to advanced economic development practitioners. As I look at the educational and training offerings of IEDC, EDI, and the various regional and state development organizations, I see very little offered to challenge practitioners who have been in the field for ten plus years. Most programming is aimed at entry and mid-level practitioners.

My recommendation is that these groups give greater consideration to new programs to meet the continuing education needs of senior practitioners. This is important to ensure that advanced professionals remain challenged in the field. One suggestion is to offer a set of programs that enhance and build the leadership needs of advanced professionals.

What are your thoughts on this matter? I would welcome the opportunity to dialogue with you about this issue. Please call me at: 440.449.0753 or send me an email by simply clicking here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home